- Chimpanzee Rights: The Philosophers’ Brief, (co-author), Routledge, 2018.
articles & book chapters
- “Foodie Culture: A Celebration of Violence”, in The Humane Hoax Reader, Hope Bohanec, editor, Lantern, 2023.
- “Animal Cognition and Moral Status“, in The Routledge Companion to Environmental Ethics, Andrew Light & Benjamin Hale, editors, Routledge, 2022.
- “Sentientist Politics”, Alasdair Cochrane, book review, in Environmental Values, 2021.
- “20 Anti-Vegan Arguments and Replies”, in Encyclopedia of Veganism and Animal Ethics, Presses Universitaires de France, 2020.
- “Animal Ethics as a Critique of Animal Agriculture, Environmentalism, Foodieism, Locavorism, and Clean Meat” forthcoming in Rethinking Food and Agriculture: New Ways Forward, Amir Kassam and Laila Kassam, eds., Academic Press (Elsevier), October 2020.
- “Spineless and Sentient: A Challenge for Moral Comparison“, co-authored with Patrick Forber, Animal Sentience: An Interdisciplinary Journal on Animal Feeling, 29(30), 2020.
- “Speciesism and Human Supremacy in Animal Neuroscience”, in Neuroethics and Nonhuman Animals, Andrew Fenton, L. Syd M Johnson, and Adam Shriver, eds., Springer, 2020.
- “The Precautionary Principle: A Cautionary Note.”, Animal Sentience: An Interdisciplinary Journal on Animal Feeling, 16(15), 2017.
- “Veganisms”, in Critical Perspectives on Veganism, Jodey Castricano and Rasmus R. Simonsen, editors, The Palgrave Macmillan Animal Ethics Series, 2016.
- “Fish sentience and the Precautionary Principle”, Animal Sentience: An Interdisciplinary Journal on Animal Feeling, 3(10) (2016): 10.
- “Animal Rights is a Social Justice Issue”, Contemporary Justice Review, Nov. 2015, pp. 467-482.
- “Veganism as an Aspiration”, co-authored with Lori Gruen, in The Moral Complexities of Eating Meat, Ben Bramble and Bob Fischer, editors, Oxford University Press, 2015.
- “The Lobster Considered”, in Gesturing Toward Reality: The Philosophy of David Foster Wallace, Continuum Press, 2014.
- “Science, Sentience, and Animal Welfare”, Biology & Philosophy, January 2013, 28(1): 1-30.
- “A Review of the Institute of Medicine’s Analysis of using Chimpanzees in Biomedical Research”, co-authored with Ray Greek, Science and Engineering Ethics, DOI: 10.1007/s11948-013-9442-7, 2012.
- “‘Am I the Only One Here Who Gives a Shit About the Rules?’: The Dude’s Virtues of Authenticity”, co-authored with Troy Jollimore in The Big Lebowski and Philosophy, Wiley-Blackwell, 2012, pp. 106–122.
- “Ethics and the Beast”, Philosophy in Review, Volume XXIX no. 6, December 2009, pp. 448-450.
more to come…