- Chimpanzee Rights: The Philosophers’ Brief, (co-author), Routledge, 2018.
articles & book chapters
- “Speciesism and Animal Neuroscience”, forthcoming in Neuroethics and Nonhuman Animals, Andrew Fenton, L. Syd M Johnson, and Adam Shriver, eds., Springer, 2019.
- “Environmental, Food and Animal Ethics Guide to Responsible Food and Agriculture Systems” forthcoming in Rethinking Food and Agriculture: New Ways Forward, Amir Kassam and Laila Kassam, eds., Academic Press (Elsevier), 2019.
- “Animal Cognition and Moral Status”, forthcoming in The Routledge Companion to Environmental Ethics, Andrew Light & Benjamin Hale, editors, Routledge, 2018.
- “The Precautionary Principle: A Cautionary Note.”, Animal Sentience: An Interdisciplinary Journal on Animal Feeling, 16(15) (2017): 10.
- “Veganisms”, in Critical Perspectives on Veganism, Jodey Castricano and Rasmus R. Simonsen, editors, The Palgrave Macmillan Animal Ethics Series, 2016.
- “Fish sentience and the Precautionary Principle”, Animal Sentience: An Interdisciplinary Journal on Animal Feeling, 3(10) (2016): 10.
- “Animal Rights is a Social Justice Issue”, Contemporary Justice Review, Nov. 2015, pp. 467-482.
- “Veganism as an Aspiration”, co-authored with Lori Gruen, in The Moral Complexities of Eating Meat, Ben Bramble and Bob Fischer, editors, Oxford University Press, 2015.
- “The Lobster Considered”, in Gesturing Toward Reality: The Philosophy of David Foster Wallace, Continuum Press, 2014.
- “A Review of the Institute of Medicine’s Analysis of using Chimpanzees in Biomedical Research”, co-authored with Ray Greek, Science and Engineering Ethics, DOI: 10.1007/s11948-013-9442-7.
- “Science, Sentience, and Animal Welfare”, Biology & Philosophy, January 2013, 28(1): 1-30.
- “‘Am I the Only One Here Who Gives a Shit About the Rules?’: The Dude’s Virtues of Authenticity”, co-authored with Troy Jollimore in The Big Lebowski and Philosophy, Wiley-Blackwell, 2012, pp. 106–122.
- “Ethics and the Beast”, Philosophy in Review, Volume XXIX no. 6, December 2009, pp. 448-450.
more to come…